Thursday, January 13, 2011

Letter I and Workboxes

We went to Office Depot since I had some gift cards to spend and I bought a (10) ten drawer organizing unit to use for Princess' workboxes.  It is on wheels and I just LOVE it!

I also bought a Scotch laminator, manila file folders, Pip Squeak markers and die cut letters. 

The week of December 27-31 and a few of the things we did:

We started the Letter I with the brand new workboxes unit and I really enjoyed filling it and my precious baby girl enjoyed looking through each drawer to see all the fun things to do.

I cut out a large I out of construction paper and we made an Iguana.  Another day, I cut out a lower case i and we made an inchworm.

Books we read:

Chica Chica Boom Boom
If You Give a Kid a Pancake
I Love You, Little One

We ate ice cream and watched The Incredibles.

I played my Mainly Music CD with the song called I Spy.  I took out her binoculars and she sang and pretended to find the things mentioned in the song. 

I found some sugar cubes at Kroger and we made an Igloo with the sugar cubes and Icing.

All of the curriculum type books I have fill up the workboxes so quickly.

We are having so much fun!  I need to find more manipulatives and games to fill the drawers and my next project is to do a cute lapbook for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment